Search This Blog

The Over The Hill Gang

The Over The Hill Gang
Let's ride! Riders are Jerry Cole, Billy Niverson, John Nave, Jack McClain, Larry Davis, Larry Burk, Merle Combs, Charles Thomas, Art Adrianson, Larry Miller.

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Warsaw Ride..

Seven of us met at Jackie's Saturday morning.  Since Art Adrianson was there, we decided to eat with him at Jackie's.  I felt bad that we didn't eat with Phil after he rode his riding mower all the way to Jackie's a couple of weeks ago.  I just didn't think about it until later.  I decided, "Not again!"

Bad luck was rearing it's head when Dave Payne had to fill up with air in his back tire before we could leave.  This was after having a new back tire installed some days ago.

Six of us rode to North Manchester where we stopped for a coffee break.

Riding today was Larry Burke, John Nave, Larry Davis, Dave Payne, Merle Combs, and Billy Niverson.

Since we didn't have a ride planned, I led the group from North Manchester to Lake City Honda near Warsaw on US 30. http://www.lakecityhonda.com/   Larry Burke received a telephone call while we were at North Manchester McDonalds.  He had a "bite" on selling his Honda Goldwing so he rode home and the rest of us rode north on IN13 to Pierceton, where we turned west on US 30.

I had seen on The Lake City Honda website that they had a used 2009 Yamaha T Max scooter for sale:


While I love my Honda CBR250R, I'm having a little trouble getting my leg over the seat, especially with the luggage bag on the tail.  Age and all that.  Plus, I'm not all that happy to be eating bugs at my age. Nor am I thrilled to be getting stung by bees (one nailed me in Wabash, yesterday).  I like a good windshield!  There's no way to put a windshield on my Honda.

The T Max is a cross between a scooter and a sport bike--easy to get on and off and with a BIG windshield.  It has good performance (500cc) with gas mileage in the 50s and 60s M.P.G.  I just might trade.

We started to leave Honda in Warsaw when someone noticed that Dave's tire was flat again.  They took his bike inside and he told us to go on without him and he'd wait to have his tire repaired.  I led the remaining four riders through Warsaw and back to Wabash on IN 15.  I was going to take us to Wabash McDonald's but the store was packed so we went over to Wabash Gardens.  Wabash Gardens had the opposite problem as no one was there.  The place was empty.  Billy suggested we go to the "hotel restaurant" so I led the group to Ugalde's in the Wabash Inn where we had lunch.  We rode home after lunch.

I rode 127 miles on a warm sunny day.

P.S.  I rode up to Lake City Honda at Warsaw, Tuesday, and bought the TMAX.  While I was there I asked George Tubbs, the store owner, what was wrong with Dave's tire and he told me they replaced the valve stem, which was leaking.  It's always a good idea to replace the stem when you replace the tire, I guess.

No comments: