Search This Blog

The Over The Hill Gang

The Over The Hill Gang
Let's ride! Riders are Jerry Cole, Billy Niverson, John Nave, Jack McClain, Larry Davis, Larry Burk, Merle Combs, Charles Thomas, Art Adrianson, Larry Miller.

Thursday, August 18, 2011

We ate at the Muncie airport..

I led the group to Delaware County Airport (Muncie Airport), Wednesday.  There were nine of us today.  The service was a little slow for one table but the food was good.  A little expensive:

 (click on pictures to make larger)


 Bikes parked out side Kacy J restaurant

.

 Inside Kacy J Restaurant


After eating, seven of us rode to Ohio while Larry Burke when into Muncie to do some shopping and Jack McCain rode home.  Larry Miller left at US36 south of Muncie.
  
Six of us rode into Ohio to Greenville, Ohio where we turned north on US 127.  I saw, as we rode past,  that Anne Oakley and Frank Butler were buried just north of Greenville but we didn't stop.  Maybe next time.

Click on link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annie_Oakley

We had ridden past this large building that's back off the road, several times, and I wondered what it was.  I went home, after the first time we rode past, and looked it up.  It's just south of Celina, Ohio.

  Link here, click on link: http://www.st-charles-cpps.org/


As you can see by the pictures, we rode up to the seminary for a better view.
\

Next, we road into Celina, Ohio and rode along the lake-Grand Lake-Saint Mary's.  We stopped into the at Pullman Bay Restaurant for pie and coffee.

We noticed no one was out on the lake when we rode up and I remembered my friend had told me that the lake was suffering from "Black Algae" (it's actually blue-green in color).  My friend said you can't swim in the lake or eat fish taken from the lake.



Really sad as it's a beautiful big lake.  All dug my hand and using mule-pulled dredges.  On average, it's only six feet deep.  Part of the problem , I suspect.

Grand Lake St. Mary's

After pie and coffee, Merle was nice enough to lead us out of Celina, (it's tricky) and home.

Riding today-Larry Burke, Larry Miller, Larry Davis, Merle Combs, Jack McClain, Jerry Cole, John Nave, Billy Niverson, and Charlie Thomas.

I rode 212 miles and had a great time.  Warm 85 degrees, little wind, a day to remember this winter!

Click route picture to make large:

P.S.

A little explanation about the GPS Boo Boo.  After reviewing the GPS track I downloaded off my GPS, I see it was my fault.  In order to make sure we go where we want and not where the GPS wants, I enter "waypoints" in the route before loading the route into the GPS.  I have to be very careful with placing the waypoints as I will be told by the GPS to go to that waypoint.  Which it did.  Which I put on the west side of US36, not the east side.  Me cuppa.  I'll be more careful in the future.

No comments: