Search This Blog

The Over The Hill Gang

The Over The Hill Gang
Let's ride! Riders are Jerry Cole, Billy Niverson, John Nave, Jack McClain, Larry Davis, Larry Burk, Merle Combs, Charles Thomas, Art Adrianson, Larry Miller.

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Roanoke for Lunch...

Only five of us today.  Maybe the threat of rain kept the other riders home or maybe other commitments.  Anyway, it was very hot and windy so we decided to ride to Nick's Restaurant at Roanoke and after lunch we all rode home.  It was a nice ride up and back.

I rode over to Gas City early as I wanted to stop at Staples and pick up some printer paper, which I did.  I rode over to Gas City from Staples and stopped to visit with Phil Smith for awhile.  He was mowing the church parking lot across the street from his house.  I left Phil and went over to visit with Merle and his wife Susan.  Merle got ready to ride so we went down to Jackie's to meet with the rest of the guys.  I led the riders on back roads (county roads 400 and 450) over to pick up IN 9 at Morris Chapel and then north to Huntington and Roanoke.

The five riding today were Larry Davis, Merle Combs, Larry Miller, Charley Thomas, and Billy Niverson.

I rode 96 miles today and it was hot (92 degrees).

No comments: