Search This Blog

The Over The Hill Gang

The Over The Hill Gang
Let's ride! Riders are Jerry Cole, Billy Niverson, John Nave, Jack McClain, Larry Davis, Larry Burk, Merle Combs, Charles Thomas, Art Adrianson, Larry Miller.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Old Truck

John Nave and Merle Combs rode with me to Warsaw to give my extra keys, to my Honda, to Lake City Honda.  I'd forgotten to take the keys there when I bought my scooter.  On the way north we stopped in at North Manchester McDonald's for a break and coffee.  There was an old truck in the parking lot on a trailer.  John wanted to look at it so we walked over to see it.  It is a 1934 Ford truck.  On the back of the truck are two flat-head Ford motors connected together with a truck rear end, differential and all.  There's a big wooden pulley on the right (far) side that a long flat belt goes on.  The owner of the truck said it was his grandfather's and they used it to thrash grain and in the winter he would remove the motor assembly in the truck bed and plow snow with just the truck.  He also used the truck to haul ice.  Pretty neat unit:

(Click photo to make larger)

No comments: