Search This Blog

The Over The Hill Gang

The Over The Hill Gang
Let's ride! Riders are Jerry Cole, Billy Niverson, John Nave, Jack McClain, Larry Davis, Larry Burk, Merle Combs, Charles Thomas, Art Adrianson, Larry Miller.

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Ride to Logansport State Mental Hospital..

Well, I didn't lead the group to the insane asylum on purpose but that's where we ended up!

Eight of us left Jackie's Restaurant in Gas City and headed over to The Dutch Cafe across from Grissom Air Force Base near Peru.

Getting off the bikes at The Dutch Cafe and getting ready to "put the feedbag on!".


 (Click Pictures to make larger)

What great food and service they have there!  Jack had the black raspberry pie and Billy had the peanut butter pie.  They both said the pie was delicious!



Jack McClain had to get home so he left after lunch.

After lunch we rode on into Peru and turned west on River Drive (W150S).  We followed the Wabash River west to Logansport.  I like to lead this ride along the river but the road surface is really getting bad.  This is what it looks like:




--Sorry about the shaking video but I was hand-holding the camera.  The bridge we went under goes north to Rochester, Indiana (US 31) and south to Kokomo, Indiana.  Did you see the squirrel that ran in front of me near the end of the video? :)   They always sit still until you get right on top of them and then they run.  You can never tell which way they are going to run.--

I don't have my GPS mounted on my scooter yet so I was navigating by "seat of my pants" when we got to Logansport.  I wanted to find the road that goes along the Wabash river going out of Logansport but couldn't find it.  Merle had taken us down that road before, after I found it by looking at my GPS.  It's tough to find.  Instead, I ended up leading the group to the a fore mentioned insane asylum!  I was afraid to turn in there and ask for directions as I was afraid we wouldn't get out.  So instead, I led the group down IN 25 to Delphi where we stopped for a break and then rode back IN 18 to Converse.  We stopped at The Big Dipper in Converse for ice cream before heading home.

Nice ride, beautiful day, a little windy.  I rode 154 miles.

Riding today was Larry Miller, Merle Combs, Jack McClain, Billy Niverson, Larry Davis, Jerry Cole, John Nave, and Art Adrianson (welcome back Art!).


No comments: