Search This Blog

The Over The Hill Gang

The Over The Hill Gang
Let's ride! Riders are Jerry Cole, Billy Niverson, John Nave, Jack McClain, Larry Davis, Larry Burk, Merle Combs, Charles Thomas, Art Adrianson, Larry Miller.

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Been Away For Awhile..

I've not blogged for over a month as I lost interest, for awhile, in blogging and riding.  I've traded bikes and that's restored my interest in riding (and blogging follows) so I'll try to record "The Over The Hill Gang's" adventures, again.

We're meeting at Jackie's Restaurant in Gas City, now.  Same time--7:00 AM on Saturdays and 11:30 AM on Wednesdays.

Only five of us, yesterday, at lunch -July 6th, 2011.  Four of us rode to Wabash, after lunch, and visited the Wabash County Historical Museum.  One of the reasons I wanted to go there is Brant's (Wabash Harley Davidson dealer) has a display of old motorcycles there in the museum. It's a nice museum considering how small it is.  Here's a link: http://wabashmuseum.org/

After the museum, we rode out east of Wabash looking for the Canonball Race Track.  The track was a "big deal" back in the 30's and 40's as many races were held there.  It's now called "The Cannonball Motorcycle Club" and they race dirt bikes and four-wheelers.

Here's a link: Cannonball Motorcycle Club 

We found it without too much difficulty but there was a "No Trespassing " sign at the entrance so we turned around in the driveway and left.  Some of us turned around in the gravel with more difficulties than others! :)

Next, I found the  Hanging_Rock_National_Natural_Landmark along the Wabash River.  We got off the bikes and sat in the shade in a wooden deck-like structure that's right on the river.  It is very peaceful there in a pretty setting.  We didn't see a "hanging rock" there, but it was nice place.

I tried to find a McDonald's, on my GPS, near Huntington, with no success, so we rode to "The Country Post Inn" on the north side of Huntington and had coffee and pie.  As it was after 3:00PM we rode on home.

What a nice ride!  I really enjoyed myself and I hope the other three riders did, too.  No camera today so no pictures.

Here's what our ride looked like:

                                              (Click to enlarge)

At lunch today were Billy Niverson (who, along with Charlie, put me on the trail of a cheap cell phone deal), Charlie Thomas, John Nave (who, I think , fell in love with an old truck we saw at the Wabash Museum), Art Adrianson (who's suffering from a bad back and can't ride), and myself, Larry Davis.

I rode 96.8 miles on my new 2011 Honda CBR250R bike.

No comments: