Search This Blog

The Over The Hill Gang

The Over The Hill Gang
Let's ride! Riders are Jerry Cole, Billy Niverson, John Nave, Jack McClain, Larry Davis, Larry Burk, Merle Combs, Charles Thomas, Art Adrianson, Larry Miller.

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Bike's Ready!

Stone's Harley Davidson called and said my bike was ready. It turned out to be "a wiring error" on the heated grips not working. My wife took me out there and I rode the bike home. Nice weather for riding (isn't any weather good for riding!:) It was 30 degrees with 19mph winds (gusting to 25mph). Light snow. I didn't notice the wind too much but I could feel the cold air coming in a little around my gloves. I pulled my gloves down over my leather jacket sleeves and that fixed it. Heated grips on 3 out of 6 and still a little too warm.

I road through snow on one cross road where the wind had blown the snow over the road. First time riding in snow. No sudden moves. No problem.

I bought a battery tender when I was at Stone's as I noticed the battery on the bike was a little low when I started it at home the other day. I can use the battery tender on my mower, also, as the mower battery usually goes down during the winter. It's good to have the bike home. Now, can we get some good weather to ride? :)

No comments: