Search This Blog

The Over The Hill Gang

The Over The Hill Gang
Let's ride! Riders are Jerry Cole, Billy Niverson, John Nave, Jack McClain, Larry Davis, Larry Burk, Merle Combs, Charles Thomas, Art Adrianson, Larry Miller.

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Once again I had to leave the ride early, so here's what I experienced before leaving the ride. Nine of us met today at Five Points Mall and rode to Cammack Station for lunch. Here's what the restaurant looks like inside:

(As always, click on pictures and maps to make larger)


And:


The food is good, if "pricey." Service is a little slow. It's nice to see all the gas pumps and signs there. Old tractors. etc.

Jack McClain, Larry Burk, and Larry Davis left the ride after lunch. The rest of the guys were riding to Winchester for pie, ice cream, and coffee at Mrs. Wick's, I believe. Larry Burke led, and he and I rode back home through rural roads near Upland. Jack McClain rode home. Nice ride today. Warm temperatures in the 70s.

Riding today were Merle Combs, Larry Miller, Larry Davis, Larry Burke, Jack McClain, Jerry Cole, Art Adrianson, John Nave, and Billy Niverson.

I made a map, so if anyone wants to ride or drive to Cammack Station to eat, you can find it. It's 1/2 mile south of IN 332 off Gaston-Yorktown Road (N 600 County Road W). IN 332 turns into McGalliard Road in Muncie. Turn south on Gaston-Yorktown Pike (N 600 County Road W) (3 miles east of I69) and go 1/2mile south to Jackson Street East. Turn east (left) on Jackson Street and go into Cammack. The restaurant is at the stop sign (on your left or north side) in Cammack. You can also go to Gaston and drive south all the way to Jackson Street on the Gaston-Yorktown Pike (N 600 County Road W) which is the main north-south street through Gaston.

Here's two maps of our ride while I was on it:


After I got home, I rode to see my niece and her husband (Anna Mae and Curt Warren) in Sims. I rode 111 miles altogether.

Here's a smaller map of Cammack:





No comments: