Search This Blog

The Over The Hill Gang

The Over The Hill Gang
Let's ride! Riders are Jerry Cole, Billy Niverson, John Nave, Jack McClain, Larry Davis, Larry Burk, Merle Combs, Charles Thomas, Art Adrianson, Larry Miller.

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Bippus and beyond..

Odd, how small minds think alike! I was thinking about riding to Roanoke for lunch when riding into the mall today. After forming up for the ride, Jerry Cole and John Nave told me they had been thinking the same thing! So, off we rode for lunch at Nick's Junction at Roanoke:





After a nice lunch (don't order the Breaded Cheeseburger! What was I thinking!), Larry Miller rode home to mow his yard, and the rest of us rode west on E 900 N. I say we rode west, and the map says we rode west, but it always seems like we are going north out of Roanoke! I think it has to do with the gradual curve in US 24 as you ride from Huntington to Roanoke. It always turns me around. We ran into a detour on E 900 N, but finally made it to South Whitley. From there, we rode to North Manchester for coffee and ice cream at McDonald's. I was glad to get off the bike for awhile as the wind was gusting something fierce! My helmet must have looked like a bobble doll!

After leaving North Manchester, we reached the highlight of our ride--a ride through Bippus--although, not a lot had changed since we were there last. Merle lead us down south to Andrews, and we finished the ride by riding along the Wabash River back to Wabash and home.

Seven rode today--Merle Combs, Art Adrianson, Larry Miller, Jerry Cole, Larry Davis, John Nave, and Billy Niverson.

I rode 125 miles and the temperatures were in the 80s with wind gusts up to 35mph.

I was glad to get home and mow the yard. Too much wind for me.


No comments: