Search This Blog

The Over The Hill Gang

The Over The Hill Gang
Let's ride! Riders are Jerry Cole, Billy Niverson, John Nave, Jack McClain, Larry Davis, Larry Burk, Merle Combs, Charles Thomas, Art Adrianson, Larry Miller.

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Red Apple

We met at our usual place, Gabriel's, and my daughter Ann brought my wife out there to eat, and to send us off. Merle led us north through Wabash, and then on north to the  junction of St. Rd. 15 and St. Rd. 114, the home of the Red Apple Cafe, where we had lunch.

Getting off our bikes:


At our table:


Larry Burke and I ordered the fish sandwich special:


Leaving the Red Apple:


I laughed out loud a couple of times at lunch, especially when Jerry Cole told me about the flying squirrels in Fairmount. I really enjoyed being out with the guys. I should tell them that more often.

We rode over to North Manchester on St. Rd. 114 and then north on St. Rd. 13 to North Webster and Syracuse where we stopped at McDonald's for coffee and ice cream. After the stop we rode around Lake Wawasee and then south on St. Rd. 105 to St. Rd. 9 and home.

Eight of us road today: Merle Combs, John Nave, Jerry Cole, Larry Miller, Charles Thomas, Larry Burke, Billy Niverson, and myself, Larry Davis.

The weather couldn't have been nicer at 77 degrees, little wind, sunny skies with pretty fluffy clouds ( I was sitting on my bike looking at the clouds thinking what a beautiful day this is!) I rode 152 miles. I left home at 11:00AM and got back home at 5:00PM.



No comments: