Search This Blog

The Over The Hill Gang

The Over The Hill Gang
Let's ride! Riders are Jerry Cole, Billy Niverson, John Nave, Jack McClain, Larry Davis, Larry Burk, Merle Combs, Charles Thomas, Art Adrianson, Larry Miller.

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Ride to Elwood

I rode over to John Nave's house early Wednesday morning to see his "new" bike:


1998 Honda Shadow 1100

Riding from my house over to John's house (long video):


P.S. Sorry about the music but you can't use copy written music on You Tube so you have to use something old, in this case, Chopin: Nocturne #2 In E Flat

All there is on the camera's audio track is wind noise.  The Tmax makes little noise at speed, so there's no "rumble". :)


After John and I worked on the bike, we took a little ride.  After the ride, we rode down and picked up Jerry Cole and then rode to Jackie's.  Larry Miller was nice enough to lead us off to Richard's at Elwood for lunch.  Here we are riding to Elwood:




After lunch we rode east toward Muncie.  Larry Bruke wasn't feeling well so he left us at Alexandria and rode home.  I'd been in "the saddle" since 9:00AM, and my back was bothering me, so I left the group and rode home when we reached Wheeling Pike.  Between my back hurting, "monkey butt" from my seat, and head pain from my ill-fitting helmet, I was glad to get home.  I have a Corbin seat on order but when it got to my house I was shocked to see it was all yellow!  It was suppose to look like this:


Instead of yellow side panels, the complete seat was yellow!  I sent it back and I'm waiting for the correct seat.  I've got to do something about my full-face helmet.  It's so hard to find one that fits correctly.  Anyway, I rode 115 miles in six hours.

There were eight of us riding today-Larry Miller, Jerry Cole, John Nave, Merle Combs, Larry Davis, Art Adrianson, Charles Thomas, and Larry Burke.

It was in the middle 70s most of the day with partly cloudy skies.
 

(Click on picture to make larger)

No comments: