Search This Blog

The Over The Hill Gang

The Over The Hill Gang
Let's ride! Riders are Jerry Cole, Billy Niverson, John Nave, Jack McClain, Larry Davis, Larry Burk, Merle Combs, Charles Thomas, Art Adrianson, Larry Miller.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Geist Reservoir Ride

Nine of us met today for our ride to Geist Reservoir.  We rode south from Marion to Rachael's Cafe on the south side of Alexandria, Indiana for lunch.  Nice meal and good service.

Merle Combs rode his new Harley Ultra Limited:


and Charlie Thomas rode a new Suzuki M50 Boulevard cruiser motorcycle instead of his scooter:



Three riders left for home and six of us rode on down to Frankton where we ran into road construction.  We then had to ride on new chip-seal for about a mile.  Not too bad.  We went south through Lapel and Fortville on our way to Geist Reservoir.  I have all the McDonald's restaurants in my GPS database so I asked my GPS for the nearest one.  It then guided us through two housing additions and said the McDonald's was in the middle of the second addition.  Of course, it wasn't.  So I entered "Fast Food" and the nearest McDonald's came up two miles away in Lawrence, IN.  We went there and guess what?  There really was a McDonald's at that location!  It's a "crap shoot" with my GPS, if things are located where it says they are.  We then traveled across Geist Reservoir and west along 96th Street to I-69.  We went south on I-69 for a couple of miles and turned off to go around Metropolitan Airport.  I'd never been in that part of Indianapolis so I got to see the airport and several golf courses that were new to me.  We traveled over to IN 37 and north to Elwood were we bought gas.  Then on home.

Riding today were Larry Burke, Larry Miller, Larry Davis, Merle Combs, Jerry Cole, John Nave, Art Adrianson, Charles Thomas, and Kenneth Royal.

Nice, warm, day with blue skies.  I rode 144 miles.


(Click to Enlarge)

No comments: