Search This Blog

The Over The Hill Gang

The Over The Hill Gang
Let's ride! Riders are Jerry Cole, Billy Niverson, John Nave, Jack McClain, Larry Davis, Larry Burk, Merle Combs, Charles Thomas, Art Adrianson, Larry Miller.

Thursday, May 6, 2010

A Trip To Southside Harley Davidson

We rode down to Harley Southside today.  Eight of us rode down to Rachel's Hi Way Restaurant on the south side of Alexandria for lunch.  Nice place and pretty good food.  Not as good as The Outpost, but O.K.  We went past Anderson on IN. 9 by-pass.  What an awful by-pass.  The traffic is bad and there are stoplights every block, it seems.  We ran into a lot of road construction down around the south side of Indy.  It seems like road construction starts earlier each year.  We had three riders drop off as we got farther down south.  Five of us visited Southside HD:

There were a few extra customer bikes (plus ours) shown here at Southside HD.

Here's the four guys riding with me:


Jerry Cole, John Nave, Billy Niverson, and Merle Combs at the front of the store:


Of course, while there, I HAD to buy a new T-shirt:


Front, and here's the back:



I don't really need any more T-shirts but the art work was so beautiful I HAD to buy it.  My wife says it's a little "racy" but when you're my age a little racy is O.K. :)  It's like a dog chasing a car;  if I caught it I wouldn't know what to do with it! :)

We went to a McDonald's (of course) right beside Southside HD for hot fudge sundaes and then took off for home.

We came back home on I-465 around Indy.  As John says after we got off I-465, "That was fun!".  I think he was being sarcastic, but maybe not.  I finally saw the light bar on top of the Indiana State Police car that was  following me as I was going to pass a semi-truck and I pulled back in.  He didn't seem to mind everyone going 70 MPH in a 55 MPH zone.  If you don't go 70 MPH the other cars will run over you!  You sure are "exposed" sitting on a motorcycle going that fast with cars all around you.  I wondered how many "drivers" were texting on their cell phones.  We rode back home on IN 37 and that was a nice ride.  I sure like the two lane rodes better than the Interstate highways.  The Interstate highways are fine when you're out in rural areas, but around cities, they are too much for me on a motorcycle.


163 miles total on the trip.  Beautiful 82 degrees for a high temperature.

No comments: