Search This Blog

The Over The Hill Gang

The Over The Hill Gang
Let's ride! Riders are Jerry Cole, Billy Niverson, John Nave, Jack McClain, Larry Davis, Larry Burk, Merle Combs, Charles Thomas, Art Adrianson, Larry Miller.

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Rain, rain, go away!

I rode to the Saturday meeting in the rain,  The only one to ride, of course.  I don't mind riding in the rain and with the new Dunlop Elite 3 tires I had put on, feel safe.  I had to stop fast, once, and the ABS kicked in on the rear tire and kept me from skiding.  I don't think I'd buy a new bike without ABS--it's that good.

Eight of us showed up for lunch as Charlie Thomas is back from wintering in Florida and was there.  David Payne made an appearance for the first time this year.

An elderly looking gentleman walked over to our table and started talking to Phil Smith.  Turns out his name is George Segal, (same as the movie actor), and had ridden with our group back before I started riding with the group.  Mr. Segal is ninety years old and rode a Honda 150 scooter until he was eighty five.  It's like they say, "You don't stop riding because you get old, you get old because you stop riding."

No comments: